Monday, September 1, 2014

Staycation @ Gallery Hotel // Awesome weekend // Yacht trip


Hello!!! On Friday, we went to Taboo, a gay bar located at Neil Road. There was a launch of an upcoming RWS play called Priscilla, and our friend invited Josh and I over for some drinks ! 
It was my first time at a gay bar and I gotta say it was an eye opener. LOL.
For once, I can walk freely in a club and no one will even touch me " accidentally" , and no one will even check me out ( Normally, guys in clubs check out every girl right) . On the other hand, Josh was totally a hot target there. HAHAH. He didn't even want to go pee because he was afraid lol. It was kinda fun seeing so many guys taking a second glance at him and one even got pushed by his friend to approach Josh. Haha, hunky men were making out and groping each other, it was quite a sight.  


We left around 11pm after the event was over. J and I haven't had our dinner so we suggested to go to Kko Kko Nara ! ( I didn't know they have a new branch, it's 3 stories wtf and it looks nothing like the old one! I also need to mention that the servers there are young male koreans. Girls who are looking for korean boyfriends, you now have a legit excuse to eat here more often hahaha ) 

We had the army stew, sweet and spicy chicken, and some soju. It was a pretty chillax night.
Then we headed to some KTV bar ... and after we had Teo Chew porridge for supper.
The whole night we ate and drank so much I felt so fat the next day ok.
Anyway, J and I decided to do an impromptu staycation that day cause we are YOLO like that. 
Wheee... Gallery hotel was having some offer on Agoda,  ($150 after tax) which was quite reasonable. So I booked it immediately. 

They didn't allow us to check in at 5am, so J came over to my place to nap, and we woke up at 10am excitedly to begin our staycation!!! 

I didn't really sleep, so the moment we checked in we slept till 4pm. LOL. 
The room is pretty decent and clean. But I gotta say that the service you get here is practically zero.
What you pay is what you get. But since this was an impromptu staycation, we didn't want to settle for anything too expensive which we couldn't fully utilise.
The bed was very comfortable though, we both had a really good sleep. 


After waking up at 4pm, we got ready and headed out for lunch, which was like our first meal of the day. We walked over to Martin Road for P.S Cafe Petite. Love their truffle fries!


I went for tuition after and he went to settle some work and home to pack some clothes! 
( The staycation was really impromptu max ) We both met back at the hotel only at 9pm and I accompanied him down to Robertson Quay to watch soccer. 

I think the best thing about Gallery Hotel is its prime location. Readily accessible, and there are many famous bars, restaurants and cafes to dine and chill at. Having that said, I personally feel that Studio M, which is directly beside Gallery Hotel, offers the same convenience, and it is nicer ! Kinda regretted not booking Studio M, but it's ok, we could go there on another occasion when we could spend more time utilising the facilities! We wanted to go to the gym after that only to realise that it closes at 9pm.. zzzz.  

No fate to work out, so we promised to wake up earlier the next day to go to the gym.
By the time we went back to the hotel it was about 10pm, and we haven't had our dinner, so we went to have Korean BBQ at Mohammad Sultan, which was a stone's throw away.
J said we were having a korean weekend hehe. 
It's called Mid night house korean BBQ if I'm not wrong , and they operate till 12am. 
We had the marinated beef and a kimchi stew because I am not over my rice cake craving. 

You also get to enjoy a free steamed egg with every two mains ordered. I quite like this. 

They also served us endless side dishes! These were free flow and the servers were very helpful to refill them upon seeing that we have consumed everything lol we were quite hungry by then already. I particularly like the marinated mushrooms. Josh who doesn't eat xiang-gu also agreed it was good! 

There!! My kimchi stew! It was daebakk!!! Ooohh. Big love. I thoroughly enjoyed my army stew at Kko Nara the night before , but this was so much better. There were diced pork cubes inside ( which strangely tasted like canned pork cubes to me, you know the yellow can one. It's quite spicy and yummy)  I requested for some rice cakes inside and they just gave it to me. LIKE A LOT. Lol. So nice!!!! Nom nom nom.

I think they were so nice because J's friend was working in that shop. And they also gave us a 10% discount whee... so in the end the dinner came up to $53~~ for the two mains. Kinda reasonable for the amount of food we had. J's army friends came over? Lol. I didn't know they were meeting up, they just appeared one by one hahha.. I felt kinda bad because I was super extra?? But J had to bring me along because he was stuck with me for the night lol. Any way, we hopped over to the bar beside for some beer which was quite cheap! $68 for a tower if I'm not wrong! It's hard to find tower at this price without happy hour. 

I was feeling super sleepy after that because I barely slept the day before, so we walked back to our "home" hehehe. I had 3 friends who got engaged during the weekend, it kinda scary that I am sorta already at that age. Josh and I don't usually talk about things regarding the future, we still have a long long long way ahead.But that night, I remember telling him we are going back to our "home"  and he let out a very shy but happy smile. I even suspected my heart has its own taste bud, if not how can my heart feel so freaking sweet! That thought was pleasant and nice :)
We also talked about something, I can't remember what, but we could always read each other's mind or finish each other's sentences, and when I asked him " omg how did you know I was going to say that" , he would tell me " You are me, except in a girl's body" :) 

Fell asleep almost immediately when we got back, We were so tired.
Overslept for gym lol. We woke up at 12pm. It was super rush because we had to be at Keppel Bay at 1pm!!! We were going on Richard's boat for another boat trip! whee ! 
That's why J had to go back home to pack his stuff  the day before. So excited that we were gonna spend Friday, Sat and Sunday together. I love spending time with him! <3

J got us 2 pizzas from Bella Pizza and 3 bottles of wine from Wine connection ( Really love how convenient Robertson Quay is ) for the boat trip pot luck! 

This guy by the name of Daniel bought 50 chicken wings, damn cray.... Mario made eggs with sardine. Protein overload. 

Andy and J. 


Sometimes I think praise him too much but I really gotta admit he is so handsome, every time I look at him, my heart still skips a beat. ^_^


It was warm like hell outside so I went to the lower deck to change into my swim wear and chilled there because the air con room felt so good~~

All the photos from here onwards were taken from Zoe's magic cam, the TR35. 
It's really like mei tu xiu xiu except it auto beautifies everything. 
My floating head, Zoe and Zoe's friend.



Helping Mario knit while waiting for the boat to set off~ Can't believe it was almost a year ago when I knitted a scarf for J. So scary how fast time flies.


This mario really thinks she's a guy please. The boxer is her panty. I didn't know so I went to pull her boxer to see, and I saw her fair ass lol. She's so cute.

Mandatory float selfie!!! 



Getting beer shower 


 Zoe and the boys. She's only 19 haha. I feel damn old beside her please. 


Richard and Daniel. If Richard was a female that would have been a slut pose haha

The girls and a half girl

















Handsome







If there's some Kronenbourg competition I will totes send this in?? Happy couple enjoying their beer and not giving a care. Good beer makes you feel good. Lol. 

We went over to Keng Eng Kee for dinner. I literally grew up eating at this place because my primary school friend's parents own KEK and my family always dines here!! Just nice Josh's company also has a shop at Alexander Village, so he frequents KEK too. Every time we talk about Tze Char this is a no brainer for us, we both love the food here !
Finally headed home after, it was a super fulfilling weekend with him. We spent 48 hours together so happy!! That marks the end of my birthday month, but also the beginning of our relationship two years back. How appropriate that we had so many events lined up. ^_^
Love. 

“I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together.” 









No comments: