Monday, November 17, 2014

Skyve elementary bistro // Studio M Staycation

Bring salad to work day! Han wei always complains about me not bringing enough food for her, so I brought her an extra large bowl that day and she couldnt finish it. grrr.

Baby J brought me for dinner at Skyve last week. We love this place. Their fries is damn nice. And that truffled mash potato is the bomb. We deep love this place. It's so romantic!!!!! <3 I will never want to come to this place with anyone else. haha. The food is really good though! 
J had beef ribs and fries while I had duck confit and requested to change the vegetables to truffled mash. PLEASE TRY IT WHEN YOU ARE HERE!!! This is my favourite restaurant so far I think! Super romantic place. ((:

We also had staycation last Saturday at Studio M!!!! Really happy because it felt so long since we last had our staycation! Even though the last one was in September. Haha. I had my 21st birthday there, and I fell in love with the loft idea. I was wearing a romper and was super lazy to dress up after we napped so I borrowed J's shirt. Haha. Cute hor? 
I love to steal his clothes. There was once he had like 4 tshirts at my place. I wear one piece home each time I stay over at his haha


He is so cute...It was about 5pm? We headed out for a super early dinner because I was hungry. :) Love him. 

We had korean food first at Mohammad Sultan. We really like the Korean kimchi stew at mid night house it is awesome! I think we've dined there like 5 times already? Haha. We don't usually repeat restaurants, but when we do we really like it. So far restaurants we repeat are Brussel Sprouts, 126, Midnight house. That's about it. Haha. 

After that, we walked around Robertson Quay... I love taking strolls with him. I can talk non stop. Haha. We walked over to the other side of Robertson Quay, at Rodyke Road. 
Had Toby's Estate for round two of dinner. We are damn crazy.
J had the eggs benedict while I had a chicken shrooms thin crust pizza

Food was really average. Like 6.5/10 ? But the ambience totally made up for it. Eating by the river, people watching. Felt like we were on a holiday for a while. 
  
I didn't like the hollandaise sauce at all. As far as I know, hollandaise sauce is made by egg yolk and lemon right? This was like.. all about mayo. Yikes. Mayo is damn gross in large portion.


Went to watch soccer at night. Next day we woke up in each others arm and went to the pool level for dinner. The spread wasn't WOW. and the quality of the food was also quite meh. But breakfast was decent and it has been a while since we both had buffet breakfast tgt ! We took so many kinds of eggs hehe. He went to order an omelette for me while I was on the other side of the buffet counter because the night before I couldn't stop talking abt my craving for omelette . Such a sweet pea. 

Nice nice.
Studio M is really a nice place for staycation if your budget is <$200. The rooms are clean, big and comfy. Nua when we went back and got ready to go boating later that day. Was a great weekend :]

I honestly believe that in every relationship, you won't stay with your partner because they are perfect. Seriously, no one person is. It is a lot about accepting each others' flaws, and helping them change for the better. It is about wanting to change for the better for each other, so you only give them your best. Even if you fucked up at times, you know they will never forsake you. That to me, is love. Staying together when things get hard, and having the faith that things will work themselves out in the end, because well, love is an amazing thing. 



No comments: