Thursday, February 13, 2014

Confidence

Hello. I really should be studying for my test tomorrow, but I can't help but to turn to this space to rant.
Lately I've met quite a few girls whose skyrocket confidence bewilders me. I'm just so puzzled at how people are just so full of themselves these days. The things I've been hearing just makes me want to wash my ears with detol. Some girls just think that they rule the world and have boys going weak in the knees for them every where they go.
haha, I mean girl where do you get your confidence from. It's like they are so oblivious to the world.
You may think I'm bitter, but I'm really not. Perhaps these girls really have got so many suitors going after them, but honestly, why do they have to go around boasting about it?
Somehow it seems that by boasting how many suitors a person has, it will make him/her more wanted.
Is that true?
I have come to a conclusion that people do that so their boyfriend/ girlfriend will treasure them more like they are super lucky and proud because they beat so many people to claim the first prize.

Seriously, lame.

I mean, being confident is a great thing you know. Why would anyone like someone who has self esteem issues, and always carrying lots of baggage with them right. I envy people who are full of confidence. It has always been something I've been struggling with. There are just so many more pretty and rich girls out there, and i just look like a ball of lard beside them. And of cos there are days i feel good about myself, (this is where all the selfies come in lol. keeding. ) but i don't go around telling people " oh i receive flowers from anonymous people from time to time on vday" Like what purpose does it serve other than boasting. -.- which is why I find it laughable when girls think that they can treat guys as toys or make use of them just because they've got the looks. ( or not ) Perhaps their confidence comes from how they are able to manipulate guys without them even knowing. Haha.

Don't get me wrong.
I think being confident is a great thing you know, but confidence without humility may just come across as really too self absorbed and egoistic.

No comments: