Sunday, February 9, 2014

Saveur @ Far East Plaza // Pool party at Sentosa Resort and Spa

Hello!!
Friday was date night with J!!! We haven't had dinner together in a while because we are both so preoccupied. Really happy he made the time to go on a date with me on Friday.
We went to Saveur again ! If you really hate queueing up to dine, you can actually key in your number in their ipad system and they'll give you a call when your turn is reaching! So you can go do some shopping meanwhile! I don't ever think I'll queue hours for food..  The school was giving out some welfare pack the other day, and the queue was from SOB benches all the way to opposite CHIJMES!! Can't believe it. Anyway, the previous time we came here, we packed and brought it into the cinema, it was sooooo good! We were surprised. Not to mention it was extremely affordable. We promised to go back to dine in the restaurant. so here we are again!!

So happy to be waiting for the food even because it is just so yummy!


We had the mushroom soup which was aptly named Mushroom Cappuccino ($4.90) . It was served in a coffee cup with lots of soup foam on top. Despite the soup being kinda thin, it wasn't diluted and taste wasn't compromised!! Really creamy and comforting. I would prefer the texture of the soup to be thicker though and for it to contain some mushroom bits/ chunks because that's what mushroom soup are supposed to be right!! J likes it though, he ordered this again after we were done with the meal. 


My Duck Confit! I love it so much... no wonder everyone flocks here. Where else can you get duck confit for $12.90!!
This was really done to perfection. Haha, I'm no one to say that because I've never had any other duck confit before, so there is no basis for comparison, but everything about this dish was in harmony which makes it really delicious. The sauteed mushrooms were evenly sauteed, THE MASHED POTATO -- omg I love it so much!!! I feel like I'm floating every time I leave it to dissolve slowly in my mouth. Creamy, smooth and not heavy. Perfecto!  And the duck of course! The crispy skin was a nice contrast to the tender and flavorful duck meat. Slap some mashed potatoes on the duck and my mouth is ready for an explosion of flavours.  Don't belittle the two orange slices there. I really hate orange in food. Like orange cake or orange chocolate ew, but this added a subtle refreshing and sweet tinge to the dish.. 


J had the beef bourguignon .$16.90 i think. He thought this was normal but disliked the salad because the dressing was wasabi mayo. The potatoes at the side were so tasty!!!I tried his dish too , it was normal like he said. I heard the sea bass is really popular too, will probably give that a try the next time I'm here!


He ordered another soup after we were done with our mains. I was stuffed to the brim then.
We had to catch a movie at 9.55 pm, since there was a bit of time left we took a little stroll down orchard road.

I just had to get Yoguru even though I was super full. No meal is complete without desserts!!

This felt like Hong kong again. Just the both of us walking down the streets and stuffing ourselves silly. It was super blissful.

Then we caught Robocop which I thought was quite interesting!! 
Went to this new club at Clark Quay called Fashion Club or what la. Which was quite big!! 
They even have their house vodka. I was kinda impressed initially,
but the place was dead boring with many people doing old school dance moves and the song also damn old school so Josh and I invented a dance version of chop-chilli-chop game to entertain ourselves and we had so much fun. 

When we left, there was this cat fight outside between two what seems like mongolian girls. Lol ??? 

 The girl being pinned down was just slapping and kicking and screaming so loudly at the other girl. 
Oh my... girls get really ugly when they are drunk. I should really control myself.

Went over to Sonar after... and I felt totally repulsive. 
Usually I am fine with Siam tius and I go there with my girl friends too. I quite like the atmosphere because you can sit down, chill drink, listen to pretty good music. The most the girls working there just talk to guys. Make friends. Try to hook up whatever. But they don't really appear THAT desperate. 
But on Friday there were these two particularly slutty girls  working at Sonar who wore denim shorts that barely covered half their ass, tops that were hand-me-up by their baby siblings. 
This girl was just sitting on different guys laps and doing slutty dance moves.
One guy accidentally spilled alcohol on her, and he took out $50 to wipe the alcohol off her. 
WOAH.
BRB while I go to the toilet to sterilise my eyes.
I felt truly disgusted by how the guys were taking turns to touch her and how she lowered herself to do this. Other than that, it was a fun night though. We even bought Macs breakfast after that!

Saturday!!
Was invited by my friend to this pool party which I dismissed upon seeing the invite. 
Such parties are really not my thing. It just feels very sleazy. It gives me the idea that a group orgy may take place and that thought is totally revolting.
But J was invited too, and he was pretty keen because his group of friends were going too, so I just went along with it, after all it's our first pool party together!! Not exactly, since we didn't get wet or swim in the pool. But it was an experience la.

This was just first round. They had 100 bottles that night. The rule was for girls to turn up in bikinis and guys to bring 3 bottles of champagne each. Lol.


saw a pretty peacock on our way there~


The both of us were just in our own world after his friends left. Haha. He was very meticulous in taking care of me and making sure I felt comfortable because I told him I didn't want to go as I feel very uncomfortable being in such parties. So sweet. He made sure he didn't leave me behind without telling me where he was going.




We were kinda intoxicated by now. Just us being our usual irritating selves together. Hehe.




Josh seldom turns red. This was a sign I should have guessed because he got SOOOO drunk later that night. I've never seen him this drunk before. We went to butter after which we had more champagne!!

Bumped into my ex manager. Who is the extinct breed of all men.
He is the kind of men you meet whom you wanna ask " do you have a brother?" to intro. you get what I mean... He is super family oriented, which is something I really value in a person. 



Jophy and Angelynn came too. ( I would like to believe that my arm is not this fat in real life T_T) 

With Stephanie who is even smaller than me. I always feel amused when I meet people smaller than me. I always get comments like I'm so small.. but honestly??? I am kinda tall in SMU ok... HAHAHAH before you laugh I am serious, I was once in this group of all girls and I was the tallest. I know it's kinda hard to believe, but it's true ok haha


 Group shot!!
 cutie pie

J with his friend, Andy ( who has a twin! ) and JD! I am really happy I worked at Butter previously and got to know this bunch of people. I was freezing inside and Josh told another manager to get a glass of warm water. I then asked JD if he had water hotter than this,and he went to the office to boil it for me !!! They really take care of me a lot. They made working at Butter a lot happier!

So this was the last shot of a relatively sober J. He was gone after that. 
We finally went home at 7am and there were no cabs so he stayed over. Wheeeee!!!<3
My mom super love him, even wanted him to stay for dinner. And gave him angpao and was super warm to him, he felt so bad. Haha. 

I made him brunch ! 


 It was a lovely weekend. 
My level of patience has hit an all time high. 
I can feel myself growing into a better person. 
Hope you all had a great weekend too!




No comments: