Thursday, September 11, 2014

Bits and Pieces


Hello!! Went for an outdoor shoot two weeks ago ( sorry i'm super lag!) for Quirky Traits! My first time doing outdoor shoot and I love it! Haha. 






I also helped out with a Twoxies shoot that week, i love their clothes! 



Fast forward to last Thursday. Met up with J after his work to shisha because he was going out to fish over the weekends! He picked me up at my place, and I was greeted with a surprise! He handed me this X-L box of my favourite Hello Panda biscuit hehehe I was so happy!! Wasn't expecting it at all! At that moment, my heart melted into a puddle of mush.  I mean, isn't it really nice to know that your bf is still doing the things he did for you two years ago? :D I love consistency haha. On another note, we hit two this September! Not exactly our second anni since we only got together last year December, but if you've been a reader for a while you would know our history goes way back! He was the " my friend" in every single blog post then! Hehe. Even though we still have our squabbles every now and then, I still love him a lot! I kinda think it's healthy because we will always talk about what we aren't happy with, and we won't sweep it under the carpet?  Like he just came to find me for supper and we took a 20 mins walk after, just holding hands and talking, it's sho shweet hehe. 



 While he was away, I met up with Charmaine to watch " If I Stay" . She was totally the perfect person to watch with haha. Please watch it !! It's super nice. We were sobbing as silently as we could lol. If you're a sucker for romance films, you HAVE TO watch this!! My heart was aching even after the show haha. We also had popeyes whee i love it. Probably my fav fast food ley... 

This boy caught this super big fish it's crazy lol.  Check out his proud face HAHAHA. The fish's body is even wider than him pls. I've never seen such a huge fish out of the aquarium before!

On Sunday, I had dinner with my family at Keong Saik Road. We went to a Tze Char place called Kok Sen , and it's like THE BEST TZE CHAR I'VE EVER BEEN TO. 

There were so many cafes there which are on my to-go list and I never knew that they were located there haha. 

This place is called The Alley . And the black board says Alley Cakes. Which is totes me haha. 

Ok, we went there at 6pm because if you go around 7pm you'll have to queue for at least 30 mins for a seat. You have to go reallly early. We were super lucky to find a vacant table. After placing our orders, we  had to wait an hour before our food was served. Imagine going at the peak period, 7pm, you'll probably have to wait till 830pm for your food to arrive. Wah. 

This prawn noodle is to die for. Seriously. I came to this restaurant once and initially when I knew we were coming back here ( after our attempt to make reservation at Imperial Treasure failed) I was damn sad. Like, what is so nice about this. And from what I remember, their dishes were seriously mediocre. But my sister who frequents here told me the prawn noodles will change my life. Of course I was skeptical, because 

1. I do not like hor fun and bee hoon 
2. How nice can prawn noodles get. 

BUT THIS BOWL OF GOLD CHANGED MY LIFE FOREVER. It's called big prawn beehoon soup. The soup is unlike any other prawn noodle i've ever tasted. It's a bit like Tomyum, yet like assam, but also like prawn mee? I can't really describe but you have to try it please!!!! 

Looking at these pictures makes me hungry.

Then we had this flat chicken. I really like this dish because it is so interesting. It seems like a chicken but it's not a chicken. It's actually fish cake? I think they removed the meat of the chicken and stuffed fish paste into the skin of the chicken. It does sound kinda gross like you can't decide if you wanna have fish or chicken lol, but honestly, the chicken skin complemented the fish cake very well, and it says a lot coming from a person like me who doesn't consume any form of skin ( except pekking duck)  at all. 

We also had a big prawn horfun which was also another winner. It's like chilli crab sauce, but it's not as thick and sweet! It's very nice... If you're someone who is very particular about the wok-hei  ( the smell of the pan ) taste in your horfun, you will definitely be happy to dine here! The hor fun was extremely flavourful, combined with the sweetness of the big prawns , really hits the spot! 

 We also had a plate of pork rib with bitter gourd and fish slices with chilli, which was quite forgettable. Just eat the prawn horfun and bee hoon when you are there. Total bill was $118 I think?? Can't remember but kinda ex for these 5 dishes for Tze Char standards. Probably because of the big prawns! Don't worry, you can also get those normal hor fun at $4.50 there! 


On Monday, I met up with J since I didn't get to see him over the weekend. Here's him helping me stick my falsies nicely because it was dropping off. I find it particularly sweet when he would put down his male ego to do such things for me. Of course, I don't make him do such things for me all the time, I was on the verge of throwing the falsies away and go natural because it couldn't be fixed LOL

Yesterday. woke up early for for dim sum with my family at Imperial Treasure since we didn't get to go there on Sunday. 
Imperial Treasure rocks. It's my favourite chinese restaurant after Paradise Dynasty hehe. 

And they have the BEST liu sha bao ever. Honestly, if you have never tried this, and you're a LSB fan, you are totally missing out. I tried LSB at a lot of places, but the ones at Imperial Treasure are perfectly executed. They are so consistent, you know how some places really depends on your luck? You might get those lumpy custard sometimes on bad chef days haha, but at Imperial, it is ALWAYS liu-ing hahahhaha. 
On top of that, this gold lava is wrapped with the softest bun ever. Some places do have good liu sha, but their buns are usually dry, or there's too much of the bun? Just look at how soft this is omg... Proportion of bun to liu sha is 1:1 . 
I APPROVE. 
Slurppss.


I was reading this post about some serious questions that were raised about Harry Potter and I found these quite funny haha. 
" Fetus Deletus" ROFL . This person is a genius. 

And if Lily had married Snape this is what Harry Potter would have looked like HAHAH


So that's about it!!! 
Friday is just around the corner, hang in there!! 





No comments: