Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Imperial treasure steamboat //


Yo ho ho ho!!!!! 
Hello ~~ I'm back, but with less than adequate photos to sum up my great week!! 
This was from the previous JB trip which I mentioned about the superb BBQ squid. This is it! Photo credits to J. Slurrps. 

Met up with J and Tsu Ern for shisha on Wednesday. Ogopogo cafe is our latest favourite hang out.
They have nice shisha and great food!  

On Thursday, J very sweetly accompanied me to surprise Sijia for her Bday! Hehe. 
We were at Lantern Bar at Fullerton Bay Hotel. It sure is a lovely place.. but prices are kinda exorbitant? One drink which usually costs about $15-20 outside easily costs about $30 here! But well... it's Fullerton. The atmosphere definitely made up for it though. 

On Friday... We went to Fenix and Butter and then Sonar. 
Haven't done this in a long time. No stamina to club hop anymore. I think I was a bit drunk haha. 

On Saturday, we went to have Imperial Treasure Steamboat! 
I was super excited about it, since there are so many excellent reviews floating around the net, and many people have mentioned that this beats Hai Di Lao hands down.

So we had the set for 4 pax which was $220+++

 You get 3 appetizers / snacks.
This fish skin was delicious. But then aain, it's just fish skin. Haha. You'll also be served with yam spring roll, and deep fried bean curd skin. 

Different kinds of hand made balls. 

Top up $10 to have yuan-yang pot. ( two different soup base in a pot) . We had a pork bone and a coriander. I hate coriander so I'm obviously gonna say that the soup was gross lol

So this was more of less of what we had. The prawns were very fresh  and big. The portion of the fish slices was quite pathetic. There were also frozen tofu, chicken slices, wagyu beef, and sea clams. But the ingredients didn't blow me away~

Every body had to pay $2 for the sauce which they kinda "force" you to get. My friend who didn't want to get the sauce cause she wasn't really joining us to eat got "forced" in the sense that they kept saying " Nvm la, I'll make one for you, it's ok it's ok make one specially for you"
It's so irritating. I also do not appreciate that they wanna throw in every dish and cook it for you.
And they come and check on you like every 5-10 mins. I felt very suffocated eating there lor. One thing I really DISLIKE is when people like to throw everything into the steamboat and then putting it in my bowl. Like. I mean, if you're doing it out of kindness I appreciate it, BUT HELLO YOU ARE RUINING THE STEAMBOAT EXPERIENCE FOR ME?? Can I just cook what I want to eat. *angst* 

Total bill came up to a whooping $320+ So we paid about $80 per pax. Oh my. Definitely will be sticking to having steamboat at home. 

Went to Ice cold beer, butter then zouk. Lol. J woke up at my home again wheeee!
If only he is willing to stay over every weekend I'll be so freaking happy !!!! 

Lunch that day :]


Caught Equalizer yesterday.. and I didn't really like it lol. It's like a solo kia, aka one man show kind of movie. And it's damn exaggerated zzz. Half way I asked J if we were watching some perverted or gore show because the killing methods are so sick and the protagonist does all the killing with a poker face. After that we went to drink at LOL.

LOL INDEED. Been drinking since Thursday? Thursday to Monday sia. Oh didn't go out on Sunday because we were too tired. Met J 6 days in a row last week muahaha. I am becoming a bottle of glue

No comments: