Monday, October 13, 2014

Park @ Holland Village // Craft Bakery

Hello!! Hope you had a lovely Sunday!!

I spent a day at Holland Village with the sweet heart, Ziying !
We had our lunch at Park at Holland Village. 
I'm a fan of Park, and I would always prefer chilling here over any other parts of Holland V because it's so laid back and chill. The Wala Wala stretch is kind of a seen-and-be-seen place, but the back part of Holland V, ( Starbucks stretch) is much quieter and chill! You can consider coming here for a pint or two if you would like to catch up with an old friend and prefer somewhere less noisy! 

As many times as I've been to Park, today was my first time going there for a meal in the day!
We didn't order too much because we wanted to save some room for desserts :D
We came to a unanimous decision to order the Eggs Benedict and Truffled Mac & Cheese. 
Boy, were we in for a treat when our orders arrived! 
Just look at how photogenic the food looks!!


I deep love how the eggs benedict were presented here. Two poached eggs on thin bread, with nicely done bacon, diced potatoes, salad, sauteed mushrooms and tomatoes! Love!! 
Every thing was almost 10/10 on this plate, but I kinda wished the bread they use would be english muffins or brioche or anything thicker because I am a huge fan bread lover, and such a thin slice of bread would not satisfy the carb monster in me. Furthermore, I thought a thicker toast would add more 'bite' to the eating experience. And of course we need more bread to soak up the goodness of the hollandaise sauce!! The mushrooms weren't the usual buttery and fragrant kind though. It had a tangy taste to it, not quite to my liking. Having that said, the eggs were executed perfectly, and the glorious golden lava flowed out with just a light poke! 

AND THIS!! I always always want to try this whenever I am at Park but never really got the chance to because I am always there for beer and didn't want to stomach anything too heavy! So I jumped at the chance today, and ordered it. I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED AT ALL!  Just look at that big fat elbow macaroni with stringy cheese will you??
This was sooo good! I don't usually order Mac and Cheese ( bcos it is so jelat! ) haha so this may not be a good measure of how delicious it is, but I like it a lot. The Mac and Cheese that I usually have at Kenny Roger or Astons makes me wonder wtf I've been having. Haha. Those are usually overcooked pasta drowned in a bowl of (what seems to me like ) nacho cheese . 

This is what i'm talking about

The one at Park has hints of truffle oil, and the mozarella cheese made it so yummy. I may start ordering mac and cheese as a main from now on lol. So yummy!

Haha, what went on behind those pictures: Asians taking pics of food haha

I look so freaking skinny here lol

 We walked over to Sunday Folks but hply cow, there was a queue all the way to the outside bench. 
So we just sat there and cam whored to pass some time. Haha, but who knows the queue didn't move at all so we decided to head else where. 

Even though I didn't know her very long or very well, it didn't take long for me to click with her because she is such a kind and simple person. I really like her a lot. You don't have to worry about her judging you or just being nice in front of you and bitch about you behind. If I have an elder brother I'll definitely push Zy to him haha. She's 3 years older than I am, can't even tell right. 
She's so wen rou, I just want to protect her ok.



These were taken with Zy's phone so the colors vary!




After we were done spamming pictures, we headed over to Craft Bakery, which took over the old Cold Stone. Went in , saw this, made me laugh. Haha.
" Money goes to Anti- Bieber Funds" LOL. Damn bad.

Someone even donated 10 bucks!?

Haha but i figured the people there probably put it there themselves to induce people to throw money in as well. It's really psychological. When I was working at Frolick, we always throw some money into the tip box ourselves, and other people who see that we've been tipped would continue tipping us too haha. But when we don't do anything and leave it empty, it's empty forever. LOL. Sometimes used to collect used spoons too. Bleah. Those were the days. I remember how we always get so furious whenever people throw their used spoons into our container of CLEAN spoons, when we clearly have a bin indicating " USED SPOONS HERE!" Some people just don't have eyes, and then they write in to complain when we give them the I-can't-believe-you-look-normal-but-you-are-actually-blind face. Then we have to throw the whole box of spoon away, and get complained. Imagine this happening like 3/4 times a day. Grr. 

I just love telling grandmother stories about those days. Some humans are really incredible. 

Sorry side track! 
We had the molten lava cake, but as you can tell from the photo, it's very sad because while it's molten it ain't lava yo. 

Zy takes such artsy fartsy photos. This looks like some sort of realistic panting that belongs along the streets of Penang hahaha. 


Not too bad, but nothing to shout about either. 
It was such a lovely day!! I went to give tuition after that! 
Feeling really good because I didn't waste my last Sunday before work commences doing nothing. 

Came home for dinner, and J asked me out for Shisha. Gladly went along, it was awesome company!! :D
I told him to enjoy his time with his friends last night. It's been a while since he clubbed without me.. he enjoyed his time and I was happy to let him have his own space without all the insecurities or trust issues plaguing my mind.
Feels like we've reached another milestone in our relationship. 
We've come a long way to where we are today.
I'm really thankful we've been granted the strength to be better persons for each other. 
To love, to cherish, and to be faithful. 
Love is so simple and sweet now. 
<3



Every Sunday should be like this. :] TGIS


No comments: