Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Cafe Hunt : Chye Seng Huat Hardware Store // Windowsill in The Wood

Met up with J for a short while today because I won't be able to see him for 10 days!
I am soooo sad. I just kept crying, I am really crazy. It's only 10 days I know.. but it's one third of a month ley. Sigh. 
I am just so sad I can't explain it. I feel like he's going to be sacrificed in some war in Iraq. Lol.

Anyway he picked me up after school and brought me to Chye Seng Huat Hardware store at Tyrwhitt Road ( Near Jalan Besar ) because I've wanted to go for a really long time already . Before this he asked me what we can eat there, and I said "normal brunch stuff lo". Then he said " We go eat pork chop la" . I was like -.- Already say brunch food right. There is no pork chop baby.
But when we arrived... OMG! PORK CHOP WAS ON THE MENU.
I just stared at him blankly for 2 seconds. What? Did he eat pork chop here before... how come he knows there's pork chop. Haha he said later that it was his instinct. zzz

And so we ordered the pork chop to share! ( Pork chop is a really ugly spelling and it sounds weird if you hear it repeatedly. ) 
TURNS OUT IT WAS THE BEST PORK CHOP I HAVE EVER TASTED! 
It's the first pork chop of my life , but I just know it's the best because nothing can beat this.
The sauce for the pork chop is so peppery and delicious we scraped  the plate clean! Pls do away with the brunch stuff when you are there and head straight for the pork chop.. it is the bomb! We both liked it very much! 

$16

Then we walked over to Windowsill in the wood. Another cafe I have been wanting to go!
No harm since it's nearby and we still have space in our stomach hehe.
Always room for desserts right?

The place is so cute...


The pies available ; the green one is mint with oreo bits, I can't remember what's the one below it. The orange one is pumpkin and they only have it for a month every year during the halloween period! Then there's pecan on the left which my friend says it's to die for.... but I am not a fan of nuts haha. I will take the pecan and walnut out of my Post cereals. 
Then the one beside it is so exotic! It's truffle mushroom .. I don't know how to feel about it.
Is the truffle mooncake from Raffles Hotel made from the truffle we have in risotto!?!!? 



See it's so cute! It's so cosy and quiet probably because it is a weekday. There were  many people doing work there I really like this place :)  

We had the lemon meringue pie. I hate lemoncurd tarts lol. My first try was at Tiong Bahru Bakery.. and every one says the lemon curd tart is a must try but when I ate it.. I just didn't want to take another bite anymore. But since this was the best seller there, I went with it. It was alright... Very refreshing in J's words. I like the meringue part though.
THE BEST LEMON MERINGUE CAKE IS AT MARMALADE TOAST I KID YOU NOT!!!
But still not a fan of lemon cakes. I mean I'm eating desserts for something sweet why give me something sour!!! tsk. 


Wanted coffee initially but when we smelt the moscato tea leaves we just knew we wanted it. I was so pleasant!!! And tasted great too! Actually these two paired quite well together. 
tea; $6 lemon meringue pie : $7.50 ( I think )



We just sat there for maybe 45minutes drinking tea, eating pie playing charades and just enjoying each other's company. (: It was so simple and lovely.... We rarely get the chance to do that because he has work. 
Anyway, back to charades. Revelation of the day. He is an expression king.
We played the expression theme, and what you have to do is to act out the expression given and the other person has to guess. When it was my turn to guess... My god, he was such a good actor I burst out laughing every time because I didn't know he could act so well lol. He made guessing so easy. Haha I better be careful of him since he can act so well.haha
Really miss this cutie pie already :'(
  




No comments: