Monday, November 11, 2013

Hell week


Hello! It's week 12 now which is a.k.a hell week because weeks 12 and 13 are project weeks and 14 is study break and 15 is exams! But I have 3 exams next week urghhhh... hate it. I just feel that the school has a really brainless and flawed system. You want me to study for my exams.... but I have to stay in school until 9 plus 10 for project meetings, to rush up 10k words reports, and do slides, and rehearse presentations??
Like ?? This is not the way to do things man seriously...
This topic on school always gets me so annoyed grr...

Anyway!! 
I stayed home most of last week. I think this was on Wednesday. I made a mega salad.
I love it!!!! This was my first time roasting vegetables, and they are so yummy!!
I can't believe I only discovered them recently.
I usually boil my broccoli and carrots, and they just taste very.. you know, natural. Lol. 
I mean they taste nice on their own, but I won't say " omg I can eat 1kg of this" you know what I mean.
But now I can even eat 2kg of this roasted veggie what sorcery is this, it is so delicious!! Seasoning them with salt, pepper and a dash of olive oil really makes a world of a difference. 

Added lettuce, cherry tomatoes, roasted sweet potato, carrot, broccoli, grapes, corn, chicken, egg and cucumber. Love the variety without the guilt! 


 I made a quick and easy Jap curry pasta for dinner. 


Breakfast the next morning, I hand squeezed orange juice and sauteed some tomatoes, and cooked some scrambled eggs. The tomatoes on toasts taste like bruschetta! 
Every time I squeeze fresh orange juice I feel like a house wife ensuring that my kids and husband have sufficient vitamin C intake.
I want to make breakfast for my husband everyday. 


My new niece who just arrived in this world last month! She looks like a boy!! I think her name is Yuki lol don't ask me why... but she's cute! She looks like a caterpillar here. 

Went for a BBQ session on Sunday! 
 On Monday, Emelia and Hanwei created their own Aburi sushi omg.. they made salmon mentai sushi like they made the mentai sauce from scratch and blow torched it woohooo. Master chef friends! I didn't attend ( I used the word " attend" because it was a 3 day food marathon I was kindly invited to lol ) Monday's session since I don't eat raw food. But gotta admit they did a gr8 job there based on appearance~


Tuesday. Omg this was the hell day I remember. I had sch from 830am-330pm then I went home to nap and woke up for meeting from 7pm to 11pm omg cries. I was already super on on having steamboat with them but the meeting spoilt everything... grr. So I went over at 11pm and they joined me to eat after that :) I stayed over that night because I had sch at 830am the next day.
It is so fun living with your friends please!!!
We played games, watched house of wax, had ice cream after dinner, played with hanwei's dog.. and we woke up for breakfast together! Ok, technically only I woke up because both of them didn't even sleep. Haha damn crazy.

Super blessed to have these two friends keeping me company. Life would have been so empty without them. 


This was Wednesday! My mom cooked so much food and attempted salted veggie duck soup for the first time bcos i kept bugging her to cook it. There are sweet and sour fish, veggie, braised chicken and potatoes, and soup. Omg my heart suddenly feels warm.., really so blessed haha. 


Sijia came over and we already agreed to have salad for dinner because we are trying to eat healthier right. so I made her a salad with cold sesame sauce pasta :) Haven't seen her in forever. Cannot wait for my exams to end so we can go to explore some bakery together :)


Thursday finally came! I was so happy because my friend is back!!! ^_^
We caught Thor ! Which I was thought was meh.. The first one was so much better.

This was on Friday after a presentation. You know one thing I can never understand about this SMU culture is why people like to take pic with the prof ? I mean.... I don't even know what to say.. Haha.
But anyway I didn't even realise the prof was so tall until I saw this photo. This is such an awkward picture.


Stayed home on Friday night to study I am such a good girl....
Forked out some time to meet my friend for a quick drink. We said we would meet 8pm-10pm. Haha. So we went to Park because I like that place! :)

AND OMG LA I LEFT MY PHONE IN THE TOILET. AND WENT BACK ONLY 30 mins later. THANK GOD A KIND SOUL RETURNED IT.

Park has really nice truffle fries. We sat there and talked... it was really pleasant. :)

Then we became quite sleepy after that so we decided to grab a coffee.
And I had cake craving as usual so I also got a peppermint chocolate cheesecake!!
Feels so christmasy * cues falling snowflakes* 

This is the perfect definition of spending quality time together. Just thinking back on Saturday makes me so happy.. I love simple dates like this. 


OMO. My friend shared this with me, perfect for distressing. This is so cute. Please watch it. I want a monkey!!

No comments: