Monday, December 30, 2013

Capri Trattoria

Hello!!!! 
2 more days to NYE can you believe it!!
I have completely lost track of time, I thought Friday was a weekday~~ And I thought today was a thursday. Lol ! 
I am in such good spirits today.. life has finally given me my fair share of happiness. 
I am not one who particularly enjoys looking forward to a new year due to the unpredictability and uncertainty it may bring... but this year is a little different.
 Genuinely thankful for the person I have faith would overcome all odds with me.
<3 

We went to Capri Trattoria at Brinjai Park for our first dinner together as a couple wheee!
Upon arriving at the restaurant's entrance, we were immediately greeted and they also provide valet service, so you don't have to worry about parking or not being able to find a lot! 

We had the soup of the day, which was a delicious pumpkin soup. I love pumpkin soup!!  It's my favourite! The one at Brotzeit is unforgettable~~ This wasn't as heavy in flavor as compared to Brotzeir's, but delicious nonetheless! 
$10

I had the chef's recommendation-- Scialatielli di Capri ($24) ,which is basically a seafood pasta cooked cooked and oven baked with white wine sauce and cherry tomatoes. I am not very adventurous when it comes to food, and pasta to me is either tomato based or cream based, and at most tomato cream ( pink sauce). 
I know my bold choice was rewarded when the server brought this to the table. 
It smells so good!! And a quick taste of the pasta sauce made me nod my head vigorously in approval.
I didn't know wine sauce pasta tastes so good, what else have i been missing out in life. ( pls don't tell me sashimi) 

It is really yummy.. but after my second and third mouth I couldn't eat anymore! It was SUPER salty ! Like 越吃越咸 , I had so much water to go with it I didn't have the stomach to finish my meal! Describing how salty it is makes me want to gulp a litre of water down now. 
The texture of the noodle is really like ban mian....lol. J agrees too ! Having that said, I would probably order this again the next time I go because it is really very nice, less the salt.


J had the squid ink ravioli ($25) because I said I've never had squid ink pasta before hehe.
The ravioli is stuffed wih minced seafood and cheese. I don't really appreciate not being able to see what I'm eating so I doubt I'll ever eat squid ink pasta again. >_<
This was ok... nothing out of the world and super filling. It had the same ingredients as mine- prawns, mussels and squid. 

 It is really quite a cosy and authentic italy restaurant! 
Camwhoring with him before our dinner arrives.The pics are kinda grainy because the lighting was quite bad! 



My cutie pie. 
Thank you for being mine.
X

No comments: