Wednesday, May 21, 2014

2 Degree Ice Bar at MBS

Hi hi hi!! How has your week been so far?
It's midweek tomorrow already and Xmen is coming out on Thursday whee!!!  So excited!! 
As you know I've been bumming around a lot lol. 
So the things I blog about are extremely frivolous and mundane.
My weekdays mostly consist of giving tuitions, gym ( when I feel motivated ), sometimes running errands, and sometimes hanging out with Hanwei and Emelia at night.  
Life is extremely slack now, and I'm indulging in every bit of it. 
Even though I feel pretty useless, broke, and unproductive everyday, I just thought I deserve a good break after 16 years of non stop studying !! How do those people start a job right after graduating man. 
All I know is that, once I start working, I can never ever return to this lifestyle unless I am 

1. Pregnant
2. Married to a freaking wealthy man 
3. Strike lottery 
4. Retired
5. Down with some kind of illness. ( Choy touch wood ) which would by then, be too late to enjoy life.

So let me slip this time with the excuse that I'm taking the time to recharge, and to enjoy the last bit of  living in my bubble before I'm being exposed to the harsh, and merciless society. 

This still feels pretty surreal. I envisioned myself to be overwhelmed by the fact that I'm finally done with school for the rest of my life, and I would be screaming and dancing and celebrating or even crying tears of joy. But honestly, it feels pretty "meh" for a lack of better word to describe how underwhelmed I feel about graduating. Perhaps it's because I honestly didn't put in much effort in school, I just generally dread the work load, culture and the people there. Or perhaps if I had graduated with a Cum Laude, or higher, I would be really really proud of myself you know? But unfortunately I am not. If given the opportunity I would love to try for NTU despite the distance. SMU's style of teaching is not my cup of tea. 


But of course, I will not deny that I'm elated and relieved that it's all over, and I no longer have to complete any pre requisites or compulsory activities which I have to force myself to complete. No more caffeine overdose, burning midnight oil, shitty group mates, boring lectures, and CLASS PARTICIPATION. 


While packing up my room and throwing away all my Uni notes ( BEST FEELING EVER!! ) 
I came across my hand written chemistry notes from my Junior College days which I have refused to throw them away up till today. Looking through them makes me so incredibly intellectual and impressed by the old me, because I can't understand now what I was writing about then. Lol. The only source of comfort I can get is by reminiscing. 


 Amongst the thrash, I found this stash of medicine that I have acquired since the beginning of January for all the times I needed MC for not turning up for classes. lol. 

 Got ready for AFF pool party on Sunday


But the rain was persistent and so we cancelled the plan :( So sad because I was kinda excited for it!!
So I changed out and camwhored while waiting for back up plans hahaha


Then J suggested that we could go to the ice bar at MBS!!!
It was such a great idea because we finally had time to go there, and plus it was 4pm then so we could also enjoy happy hour promotions ( $19.90 for 2 Dexter beer with ice mugs) 

It was -15 degree inside. Rental of coats is free and there's no entrance fee for the bar, which makes it very likely for us to return to this place again! Furthermore, the ice exhibition has been extended till 22 June, and if you are interested in the exhibition I think the tickets are only going at $20 currently. 
We skipped the exhibition and went directly to the bar!

This hero didn't wanna put on the coat because he doesn't want to share it with strangers. It was sooooo cold. While the coat kept my body very warm, my fingers were really freezing I was so close to thinking that they may even drop off. No joke. I could put my fingers on the ice block and not feel anything because they were so frozen and numb!!


Anyway as you can see, the ice bar was pretty empty and we kinda had it all to ourselves. I should have told J that I booked the place exclusively for us to spend some romantic time together lol.

The-champion-who-does-not-need-a-coat


The-champion-who-does-not-need-gloves 


So cute :)

I could barely camwhore already because my fingers were soooo cold. Like seriously. Any uncovered parts of your body just becomes numb. and the pics taken inside were so pixelated!

He was dancing to keep himself warm hehe. So cute. I quite like how he is so comical when he's with me which other people will never see this part of him lol. 

I really don't know how he does it?? He claims all you have to do is to slow down your heart beat so you will stay warm. Hahaha. But I was in a skirt and my legs were freezing so he took his coat and wrapped me with it. :) I'm a human bah zhang


 We left after a mug each because the coldness was too much for me to handle. If I have the chance to go again, I will definitely wear jeans and long sleeve and jacket and glove and super thick socks lol. 
And after drinking you can smash the ice mugs against the wall!!! Idk how Josh managed to hold on the mugs with his bare hands because when I threw the mug I felt the ice cutting my palms, no joke!! The moment we stepped out of the icebox, I could also feel my body thawing away. Haha. 
It was really super cold !! ( Now I know how a frozen chicken feels when it's being thawed. Oops I forgot a frozen chicken doesn't have feelings <--- sorry I just had to, I've been watching too much Anime, if you know which one I'm talking about... )

 Right after we came out J's mucus started dripping I think his mucus was defrosting lol.
He said maybe it was frozen when we were inside that's why it wasn't leaking. Hahaha. 
I think there was condensation on my phone that's why the photos are a bit misty. 
We both came out with red noses haha so cute.


Anyway if you look more detailedly at the pictures, above the staff behind were just so lazy ok??
The service was DAMN bad omg. They were just sitting in a row using their phones. One guy attended to us which was fine. But one lady was just particularly rude. When we came out to return the coats, and asked her where to leave it she asked us to hang back ourselves??
HELLO??? HIRE YOU FOR WHAT? STAND THERE USE YOUR PHONE???
The whole time she also kept giving us the " err.." face as though we are very dumb or smth. Like when we asked her if there are sizes for the coats, she just gave the " errr.. it's all here ( are you blind?)" tone. RUDE!! I was quite disappointed la. 
But the trip was something new nonetheless! Kudos to yet another adventure together!  I've never been anywhere this cold in my entire life! Noob right hahahhaa. This was my first time heehee. I'm really living under a rock.


Anyway, we went over to MBS for Au Chocolat after that!!
Omg damn happy!!! Au Chocolat has been on my to-go list since two Decembers ago! 
 My friends always rave about the truffle fries here, and when I told J about it, he brought me there after :D The truffle fries came in a huge serving. Definitely for sharing for 3-4 pax at least! Yum!

Went over to chill at J's place after and he suddenly came up and drew a heart shape on my arm. 
Little cute things like this. <3

Ok goodnight! :) 








No comments: