Friday, May 23, 2014

Obolo // Yakitori Enmaru

hihihihi !! 
So on Wednesday I met up with J ( yes, again! Haha. He's been more free this week so I was given the opportunity to meet him more frequently this week! No complaints! )
On Weds, we met up in Town and this silly boy surprised me with some food. Hehehe. 
He got these bite sized egg tarts from Canton Paradise! I love flaky crust egg tarts!! 

And half a dozen of my favourite macarons. Awwwww?? I was really not expecting it at all. This was totally random, furthermore the night before we had a little squabble. 
He used to get me these sweet treats once in a while when we were dating, and they are really delightful yknw? 
I always say, it is particularly sweet knowing a person will put in effort because they just want to put a smile on your face. When he passed this box to me , my heart just melted into a puddle. :'( 
I felt so pampered!
It was like honey moon days all over again. I just wanted to make the rest of our day as fulfilling as possible. It was the best mid week for me!! 

I cannot emphasize this any further, but obolo has the best best best macarons I've ever eaten. What makes a good macaron in my opinion is having a crispy yet easy to bite into shell, and the centre is oh so chewy!! Nom nom nom. Why are these so expensive~~ :(
J got me some new flavours to try. They now have rum and raisin ( which was really good!) and vanilla! The vanilla one had speckles of vanilla beans on the shell , and in the centre, there are tiny chocolate balls which added to the crunch of it . So nice!!!

Walked passed Old Chang Kee and I think the sotong man in him got lured to the fried squid. 
He talks to me about sotong at least once a day I believe. Sotong will definitely pop up in our conversation somehow. 
This artery clogging piece of deep fried squid is so bad but tastes so good!! 

If he continues talking to me about sotong, I think eventually when I look at him,  it will really just be his body and a sotong head. Like this:

Walked passed the Line store, and I just had to ask him to pose with the characters!  So cute!!

It is really super rare that we had an entire day to spend in town. I don't even think we have done that before?!?! Lol, like seriously. So we had to take advantage of HAPPY HOUR!!
Damn rare. Every thing just felt so rare that day haha. In a good kinda way!

Anyway , we were just walking around Ion to look for a place for dinner, and came across this Japanese yakitori place beside Paradise Dynasty. I knew about this place because I read about their beer that is served with frozen foam. Which I thought was pretty interesting. And since it was $10 for a pint, the both of us just went in without hesitation lol. Anyway drink first, eat later. We are such bffs sometimes. 

You can get the original frozen kirin beer at $10 a pint during their happy hour from 6pm-8pm.
After that, ( 8pm to 9pm) the happy hour promotion is only applicable to cocktail beer! 
Anyway J had the original while I had the lychee beer which sucks because it was like bitter but sweet. Something like suffering from a heartbreak but holding on to sweet memories? Can imagine how sucky that is already? Hahaha. Ikeed. I didn't like i because it was way too sweet for me. 

I don't think we are very much of a Yakitori person. We really didn't know what to order because the menu didn't look too appealing to us, and honestly i can't bring myself to pay $5 for a Jap satay that i can get at Tori Q for a fraction of the price lor. I don't even like Tori Q. So yakitori is really not my thing. So we thought we could get our beer and go have dinner at Marmalade Pantry or something after. Anyway, while flipping through the menu we saw that there is a cover charge of $5 per pax for hot towel and appetizer served. What... and it was compulsory -.- 
Can you imagine going into Din Tai Fung and everyone has to pay for compulsory peanut and towel that is $5 per pax? Simi sai. You will just think that the restaurant is very dishonest right. 
Some more, they still charge GST and service charge on top of that. Zzzz

Anyway we decided to have a bowl of beef udon since we were quite hungry already and we were pleasantly surprised, because the udon turned out very yummy! The hot soup is being poured on the spot in your presence to cook the beef! The soup was so sweet and fragrant. And the beef was also very tender! I recommend it!! ($21.90) definitely one of the better udons I've had!

J's expression just says it all : "Baby can we don't do this, we are very gross" HAHAHA. 
What?? It's very sweet ok. 

In the end we ordered another beer so we effectively had 1.5l , I was so full after that.
We were supposed to go for marmalade pantry to have pasta , but my stomach was gonna explode already. Furthermore, we've been having tako pachi craving since weeks ago ( SOTONG TAKO balls ) so we deliberately walked over to Taka to get some.
I don't think i wanna come back here again because i really dislike the $5 cover charge shit. 


Everything else unfolded perfectly, because I thought Xmen was only going to screen on 22nd May, but when I was checking for movies, it was showing already!!! So after dinner we caught Xmen. Also did a bit of grocery shopping before that. We were so happy that day. I wish I could freeze time then.


Gave tuition to this little one today, she was so surprised that the gummy came in the shape of teeth. Hehe. She's so cute. 

Went down to J's office today to meet him for dinner, and he brought me to have the famous Seng Kee kidney mee sua!! This is my 2nd time here, and both times I left feeling full and satisfied. The tofu with minced pork there is very shiok !! MUST EAT!!

Tofu, and french beans. I honestly think this was more than enough for the both of us already.. i'm damn easy one. I don't need any 大鱼大肉

But the champion who does not need a coat and the champion who does not need gloves from the previous post, needs his fish today. He just insisted we have a steamed fish. This was delicious though. The broth or whatever you call that was very rich in flavour. 

On my way home after that, saw this coupld PDAing hardcore in front of me. oh my tian.....my ba jiu...
Why do I always have to witness such things. 

Omg. Lai liao lor. The girl machaim taking control of the situation and already want to sit on the guy sia.






No comments: