Monday, July 21, 2014

Capella Staycation // J's birthday surprise

Hello!! This is the post i've been most excited to blog about!

I've alway read about how top notch the service at Capella is and the place is really beautiful !!
I was blown away by how meticulous the staff are.
I have to jump ahead before the end of the post because I can't wait to tell you... Like its name suggests, Capella is truly the brightest star in the hotel industry !! Even though I haven't been to many luxurious hotels overseas, I've been to a few popular or highly raved about hotels here in Singapore, and my conclusion is.... 
Capella is best of the best hotels I've ever been !!!!! 
It is amazeballs. 
I was so impressed the moment I alighted from the taxi. 

Like many of the bigger hotels, there was a bell boy at the entrance of the hotel who promptly offered his services. I was so relieved to have someone carry my belongings because I had such a hard time carrying my hand bag, my hand carry, a 1kg cake, and his presents. 
I had to check in alone first because I didn't want him to know about the cake ( which they kept for me in the kitchen) if not he would be suspicious!!

I got the next two photos from google because i didn't manage to take many photos of the entrance area because I was too busy trying to absorb I every thing I see. Lol. I was like a sua gu I swear. 
It was my first time stepping into Capella!
Love the colonial style!!

This is the reception area which you can wait around for. 

Alternatively,  you may head up to level 2 to enjoy all day complimentary tea for hotel guests at The Library. Even though I only wanted to have tea after J had arrived, I couldn't turn down the suggestion to chill at the library while waiting for the key to my room!!

Super happy to have these to snack on while I was waiting. 

But I was informed that the room was ready shortly after!! And since J wasn't going to reach anytime soon, I was super excited to go check out the room by myself first haha. 
The staff will actually bring you on a mini capella tour to explain where the bar, pool and restaurants are. I was so impressed. Most hotels usually just do the check in , give you the keys and off you go! After the little tour itself I could already understand why this place is able to charge so highly for a night's stay lol. I was even walked all the way to the lift. Even W hotel or Westin don't do that!! 

And the whole time the staff are just so gentle and smiley you will never have to worry about a staff with attitude problem spoiling your experience there. 
 AND TADAH!!!!!!!!

Here's our home for the night. The Capella suite!


View from the room

Balcony with sun bed




Selfie time!


Fluffy king sized bed


After I was done exploring the room, and hiding his presents, I decided to head down to The Library again to wait for J to arrive. I think between 4pm- 6pm there is a wider selection of tea snacks available. 




I had a pot of camomile tea to go along, and while I was waiting, the staff also told me that I could borrow DVDs to watch in our room. 



The boy finally arrived!! Wheee~~

What he had :

Like a 小明星

Came into the room to chill after that. 



Changed and went for a swim! couldn't wait to take a dip!




Super gorgeous view


 He very 配合我。我喜欢

















Came back to shower and headed out for dinner!! 
Part 2 up soon!!

No comments: