Monday, October 7, 2013

Johor Bahru // Kembagan Meesua

Went to watch young detective dee on wednesday! It's quite interesting! 

Went over to JB on Saturday! Woke up really early at 10am when I went to bed at 7am the day before.
Was not tired at all lol my body clock is damn screwed.

Collecting passport stamps together. :) 
That was our first holiday, and those memories are still very close to my heart !! It was really surreal for us because we went on a holiday together so quickly! But it was a really really good trip! Like we went to many places I've never been before. He ordered my favourite food for me not just once every day but EVERY SINGLE MEAL ! As you know, we were really super underground then... so being able to hold hands openly without being afraid of bumping into people was really nice! Plus in Singapore we don't really go walk walk around malls together. We usually only go to malls to catch a movie then zao already. So it was really nice we could do that when we were overseas. :) I think the trip did bring us closer, after all we spent nearly 120 hours together straight.. something particularly comforting to the soul when you wake up to the scent and sight of your lover, don't you think? 

Sorry I digressed... Anyway we went into JB together with his friends. It's our 2nd JB outing kekeke.
First stop was to go eat some wanton mee. That place looked really cui, so I thought it would be fantastic right.. like they don't even give a shit about the vibe and environment, means people really go there for the food. When the food came hor... it looks quite promising because the noodles are hand made and it's the flat kind of thin noodles which I love ! ( Think Bedok BCM and People's park koo kee YTF *slurps* ) Anyway, the wan ton mee was... bad,, it's not like inedible.. but it was quite tasteless to me. And the wanton just tasted very bland lor. J couldn't finish his because he added chilli  lol he always thinks he can take chilli but he can't. Or rather his stomach can't... but he still does it. Warrior ah.  


 Went to this mall which was the exact one we went the other time. I think it's called Sutera mall or something. Apparently the whole place was built to attract singaporeans over. I did my mani pedi this time in the mall instead of the shop houses and i was quite happy with it! 


 We had xu liu shan or hui liu shan as some people call it. The super famous mango dessert house that is equivalent to mango tango in thailand. I had the one in Hong Kong and didn't think it was like mind blowing.. tried this again at malaysia.. it was still alright to me only ley. I think I prefer Mango Tango! 
I think one bowl of dessert was about $10.90 so that should convert to about $4 sgd ! Like Ah chew lor. Hahaha.... J was like "that time we went to eat the Ah Mei dessert" Lol...  Ah mei ley. He watched too much voice of china already. 

We just kept eating ok. This mango dessert was like right after eating wan ton mee.
Then we went to walk around awhile, and I went to do my nails.. and J came in with the best BBQ food I've ever tasted in my life. SHIOK MAX! It's like tori Q or lok lok style. You pick what you want then they will bbq it for you on the spot. It's shuang dao~  I should have taken a picture of it! It is soooooo good! Wish I could share the place with you all!!! 
:( 

Went for a seafood dinner after that which was at Orang Asli. It's really near to Singapore. Your phone's network still belongs to Singapore too. We had baby cray fish, crabs, veggie, omelette, chicken, and prawns and it only came up to less than $20 per person! Cheap! I came here with Hanwei and Felicia once and it was also around that price ! Really miss going overseas with Felicia too! :(


Yesterday was good lash day! My lashes were superbly long so happy. This makes me want to go for eyelash extensions but I know I probably won't be able to maintain it because I am rough and lazy. Plus I heard it hurts? So scary!

Met J at Vivo and he brought me to have the famous Kembagan meesua which I have been pestering him to bring me to! His office is in the east , so every time he eats something from the east I will beg him to bring me there since I'm not familiar with that area. The Kembagan meesua place is huge! The entire stretch of building belongs to them. It must be really popular la. 
He ordered tofu for me because we didn't get to eat tofu the day before. ^^ 
It's so nice I love tofu and minced meat. It was really silky smooth! I love it.
 It is actually kidney/ liver meesua. I don't eat innards so I ordered the plain one. Should have just ordered the kidney one and gave all my kidney to J because it is only $1 difference without the kidney. WHAT. $1 for kidney. I love liver tastes really mushy.. how does kidney taste like? Is the texture like squid? 

Went to meet Hanwei and Mo after that. So that was my Saturday and Sunday.
Hope you had an enjoyable one too!

Waiting very impatiently for next Saturday to come! We are going for the USS halloween thing omg so very excited! I always want to go USS with him. But I feel very sian that the battlestar ride is down.. zzz. He knows that and he knows i'm a bit interested in going to the Halloween one.. and he told me 2 days ago he bought us tickets to go already! SO HAPPY!!!! <3 Also very excited because January seems very promising. Want to buy so many furry coats when I stepped into Topshop yesterday.  Think I should invest in a camera so I can take many nice photos of all these places I look forward to going!!! Any cameras to recommend? I heard the Samsung ex2f is not bad ley. If you know of any camera that has a swivel screen and is reasonably priced can you let me know please thank you! Or if you want to sell your old cameras with swivel screens I don't mind also!!!!! XIE XIE

No comments: