Saturday, December 21, 2013

My Humble House @ Esplanade // Jai thai @ Prinsep Street

The only time I go to town is with Hanwei and Emelia. I've become such a boring person really.
But anyway this was last... Monday? 
We went Balenciaga for some shopping because Hanwei wanted to get a gift for someone precious! 
I like this, but she didn't want to get for me so sad. 
Hahahhaha kidding. She couldn't even bear to get it for herself.
Sometimes really think she has such a big heart :) 

Viewing Xmas lightings with them. Ion has the nicest deco!! 

My friend brought me out for dinner on Wednesday. Really happy he made time for me. :)
We went to My Humble House at Esplanade. I googled up on the place before hand to decide what to wear/ how much money to bring... and to my horror... the rough guide on the website was $110 per pax.
 OMG. I wanted to pangseh already. Haha.But when we arrived, I was in awe, the place is beautiful.... *_*
It overlooked the entire marina bay, and the seats are really spaced out so no one table is too close to the other so it's perfect for some private time! We got the sofa seats.. so it was really quite romantic. Hehe. 
Some hits and misses with the food but overall ambience was really lovely.

My friend insisted on a soup. As much as I love soup I can't bring myself to order this la. This palm sized bowl of chicken and ginseng soup is like $18 ? Wtf... They only give u one slice of chicken, and I believe the cost price of tt slice is probably $0.10. It is so tiny!! Having that said, I like that it didn't have any ginseng taste at all ( good for me, because I HATE ginseng) and the soup was quite flavorsome.  

Also ordered a cod fish. I love cod fish and how it's so fatty that it melts in your mouth. This is probably the only fatty food that i can eat without gagging. Love it. 



Fried silver bait with salted egg yolk which was sorely disappointing!! You can barely taste the fish at all, it was pure batter, i think it's been over fried!! My friend loves silver bait, so lucky me got to try as silver bait from as many places as he did, and in my humble opinion, i think Playhouse has the nicest silver bait so far. Lol. 

This deep friend siewmai was my favourite dish of all! I've never had fried siew mai before so I was pleasantly surprised that it tasted so good, plus it's the most value for money dish too!
For 6 pieces it's only $12!  And it's super crispy and yummy, we really like it. 
I mean how can this be $12 when that small bowl of soup is already like $18 right. I was so happy it's only $12 and it's so yummy haha. I am really destined to be poor, i can't appreciate expensive food.

Then we went over to Max Brenner for some milkshake. :) Read so much about Max Brenner but this is only my first time here. Heard they have the best waffles, and it smelled so good! But really didn't have enough space for waffles right after dinner. The milkshake was pretty good. ^^ 

After that , it was movie time for us!! We caught Hobbit in 3D.. and God, the movie is so long.. but I enjoyed the show thoroughly! 

Met up with Christina and Sijia yesterday for some yummy thai food! 
Out of all the thai food places I've tried, I always return back to Jai thai. The laid back, fuss free, and unpretentious environment tricks your mind to believe that you're in Thailand for the moment!

They serve up really authentic thai food, I could go back and eat this everyday! My must order there is this basil chicken tofu.. IT IS DELICIOUS!


Always ending the meal with something sweet :) we hopped over to Ji De Chi for desserts! 

Really thankful to have a friend like Christina because Sijia and I are totally not the kind who will initiate meet ups ! Also, if you're wondering why Sijia is looking more and more like an air crew, it's because SHE GOT IN SQ!! WOOHOO!!!! Her life is totally looking up now and I am so happy she is not miserable anymore lol. She is the perfect example of how there will be rainbow after the rain. She better share her bags with me next time. So now i'm the only person who is sad and jobless. sobx.. life is so sad.

Woke up at freaking 530am today haha. My body is weird. As long as I sleep before 12, I will wake up by 6am. This sucks!
I was reading this article on " Are you in love with the right person"



The last line is so true...
We can really make ourselves love anyone we want to. 

Anyway~~~~~~~
Quite bummed that there won't be xmas eve celebration with my family since my sister is in Europe, my cousin is in Thailand, and even my mom has her own party to attend ok.
So me, refusing to be lonely on xmas decided to organise a potluck at home lol.
Cannot wait!! So excited so xmas to come!! 
I always dread christmas and december like hell previously, because i always believe any festive that calls for a celebration only serve to amplify your loneliness.
I was quite ok last year because I could busy myself with working at Butter. Bu tthis year, I think I found a new meaning to my life. I am actually pretty hyped up for xmas and nye. 
Feels good.
Omg this december is making me so so so so broke... I have never felt more broke in my life. 
On a lighter note, I can upgrade to an iphone 5 tomorrow, which means I can trade in my iphone and cash out some moolahs OYEAH







No comments: