Monday, August 11, 2014

Skyve elementary bistro and bar

Hello. I was contemplating blogging about this place because my photos are atrocious lol. They were so badly taken i'm kinda embarrassed to post them up. Anyway , I am really happy because Josh made reservation here to have my first birthday dinner with me! :) It is honestly the first time somebody ( apart from my family members ) has made a reservation for me.... I was quite touched ^_^

This was the day we checked out at NSRCC. We had dimsum at Victor's kitchen around 12pm. Then I went off to give tuitions and got home around 6ish and started getting ready to meet josh at 8. I never had a problem eating irregularly, and even if I don't eat anything the whole day i'll be fine. But that day, I was experiencing such bad gastric I kept feeling nauseous and ache and even felt like I was going to break out in cold sweat!! But I was very keen on seeing J again so I went out still to meet him!

Ok less talking, these were the dishes we had!

The truffle fries at Skye was really good! Truffle fries with cheese and thyme. One of the better ones I've had. The fries are just of the right thickness, the kind that i like! I used to really hate truffle because the taste is so strong and i just felt like I was eating petroleum. But the more I eat it the more I grew to love it.. Lol. I am now a truffle fan pls. Seeing truffle on the menu makes me really excited haha.

 We had dinner with a few other of Josh's friends. Richard and Andy had the set menu which came with this tomato burrata salad. This was so simple but perfectly executed. The tomatoes were so sweet which complemented really well with the cheese. Yummmmm....

They boys also had the oysters~ They said the lychee one with caviar was really good!! 

This was he ribeye which andy and richard had. A pretty huge piece that came with truffled mash and mushrooms. Looks pretty good huh. They were having a National Day promo so the set costed about $69 ++ with a cocktail.

J was so torn he really couldn't decide what to have lol. He finally decided on having the beef ribs which I psychoed him not to because this other steak dish sounds so much better. Steak wrapped with bacon, served with sauteed asparagus, truffled mash and mushroom ragout. ALL THE BEST THINGS ON A PLATE!? This was such an obvious choice for me except that I don't take steak lol. He totally enjoyed his meal and can I just say that truffled mash is the freaking bomb !?!??! Why haven't I had this anywhere else before? It's super good omg... you have to taste it to believe it. I kept stealing from J hehe. Luckily he loves me enough to share it with me. ^^
$40

Ziying and I had the Duck Confit which came in a mad portion. The one that I had at Saveur fills me up nicely, but this was like twice the size, and nearly thrice the price. But it was really delicious, and I would have devoured the whole thing by myself if not for my hurting gastric. YUMM!
The skin was panfried to crispiness, I would have preferred if the duck was served on mash though. 
( THE MASH IS THE BOMB. OMG GET OUT OF MY MIND )
$36


The set meal also comes with a dessert. Vanilla icecream with caramalized apples (?) and A GINOMOUS MACARON SHELL. YUMM!? 

This place has everything I love!!! My face was like. COME TO MAMA. It was my favourite kind of chewy macaron some more omg love it.

 And because my lover boy Joshua Tan keeps cheers-ing with me every time he lifts his wine glass up for a sip and go " HAPPY  BIRTHDAY !! " The server came back with a cake. -.- And even wanted the live band to sing a birthday song for me, I was so embarrassed !!! 

But I got a free chocolate cake wheeee~  

It was a lovely dinner. Total bill for all we had plus a bottle of wine came up to $441?  Omg. I was so shocked. Kinda ex ley. But good food and good atmosphere nonetheless. 
Thank you baby j for the treat :)



No comments: